Temporary fire closure orders issued for public lands near Utah-Arizona border due to Pine Hollow Fire
Due to extreme fire conditions and fire suppression activity currently in the area of the Pine Hollow Fire the BLM Arizona Strip and Paria River Districts issued official temporary fire closure orders for public lands located approximately 20 miles east of Kanab, Utah. These areas will be temporarily closed until rescinded. Please see the attached press release and closures for details.
The Paria River District (BLM) will immediately close selected public lands to public access in Kane County, UT. The closure will be in effect August 2, 2020 beginning at 8 a.m. until rescinded:
- North of UT/AZ state line
- All BLM public lands east of Johnson Wash
- All BLM public lands west of BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley Road)
- The junction of Highway 89 and BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley Road) south to the UT/AZ state line
The Arizona Strip District (BLM) will immediately close selected public lands to public access in Coconino County, AZ. The closure will be in effect August 1, 2020 until rescinded:
- South of UT/AZ state line
- BLM Road 1026 to Hwy 89A
- BLM Road 1024 to BLM Road 1025 (Winter Road)
- BLM Road 1025 (Winter Road) from BLM Road 1026 East to BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley Road)
- BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley) Stateline south to BLM Road 1079 (Lone Tree Rd)
- Stateline Campground
- North of Kaibab National Forest, North Kaibab Ranger District
- Arizona Scenic Trail from the Stateline campground south to the Kaibab Forest Boundary
See the official orders for a list of persons exempt from the closure areas.
Maps of the closure area(s) may be obtained from the Pine Hollow Fire ICP, located at the Kanab High School, Kanab, Utah, or online at: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6899/
Recreation Permits: Due to the extreme danger of the Pine Hollow Fire and in the interest of public safety, the walk-in lottery for Coyote Buttes North/the Wave has temporarily been suspended.
For more information on the walk-in permit process during the incident call: 435-644-1300.